Diversional & Recreational Therapy DRT involves the organisation, design, coordination and implementation of client centred leisure based activity programs. The aim of which is to improving the quality of life through ongoing support and development of clients psychological, emotional, spiritual, social and physical needs and well being.
The activities are for individuals and groups focusing on;
- Allowing freedom of choice.
- Maintaining use of visual and hand skills.
- Creative activities with a worthwhile outcome.
- Allowing clients to work within their own capabilities.
- Giving purpose and meaning to life through activity and involvement.
- Encourage Communication, Expression, Socialisation and to Reminiscence.
- Strategies that help with memory, orientation and mood swings.
- Strategies that help with personal care such as washing and dressing.
- Strategies that help with Daily Living and Family Life.
Each activity is tailored to the particular needs of each individual or group in order to achieve the maximum individual enjoyment and fulfilment.
Our Mission Statement
‘To improve the Quality of Life of the People in our care through Diversional Recreational Therapy.’